Hey guys, Ross here wanting to share an update with you lot. I am just about ready to start working on a new feature I want to do for the site. After doing and enjoying the Wolfenstein retrospective video series, I wanted to do more of that type of content, so I have decided to do more retrospectives on other franchises. It is fun looking back on a series as a whole, comparing each entry to the last and seeing how things have changed since the game's original release. I would like to do more videos but for now, I think most of these new retrospectives will only be available in a text format. The rose tinted glasses are getting smashed my friends!
I have some rules and guidelines to keep me in check for when I am doing these features. Nothing fancy, just some things to keep in mind of:
- I have just played and finished all of the games featured in a retrospective series. I want these articles to be fresh perspectives.
- I will be playing each game in order of release.
- Each retrospective will be split into multiple parts, one part for each game.
- There is a strong chance that multiplayer isn't going to feature heavily in any retrospective articles. A lot of multiplayer communities for old games are dead and I am not going to spend loads of time playing an old game competitively. I will only go into the detail about multiplayer for games where multiplayer is a big deal, for example, Call of Duty.
- If possible, I am going to try and stick with a single platform, to try and keep the experience between one game to the next more consistent.
- I will play every game on the Normal difficulty or closest equivalent.
I think that's about it for now! Oh in case you were wondering, the first franchise I am currently tackling is Gears of War!
Thanks, and I will see you guys again soon.